Eating the rainbow is a sure-fire way of ensuring you get a wide range of nutrients and minerals – essential in living the healthy life! This bowl has all my favourite things: curry roasted cauliflower, sesame carrot chips and sautéed greens. Get creative with your veggies – feel free to mix and match with this recipe! Enjoy!
JSHealth Rainbow Bowl
- 400g organic cooked chickpeas (or 1 tin, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin sticks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 bunch of kale, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- On a lined baking tray, arrange chopped cauliflower, carrot and red onion. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season generously with sea salt. Sprinkle curry powder over cauliflower and sesame seeds over the carrots. Add to oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove tray from the oven and add chickpeas, drizzling with 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning with sea salt. Return to oven for a further 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are golden and chickpeas are warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add kale and sauté until cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- Divide cauliflower, carrot, red onion and chickpeas between two bowls. Add kale to bowls and sprinkle with extra sesame seeds. Serve.