Cape Town is my second home and one of my favourite cities in the world (Up there with L.A. and Sydney of course!). It is one of the most dynamic cities in terms of food, people, landscape and vibe! There is so much to do, so much to see and so many places to eat! And I actually always manage to find healthy options – there are a lot of people that cater for health. South Africans value healthy eating – just like the Aussies – so it’s the best fun for me to experience all the restaurants there. Here is my official JSHealth guide (as of 2016!).
Self-confessed coffee snob speaking… These are the best coffee places in Cape Town!
And now… food and drinks with a vibe!
- Jarryd’s: Aussie breakfast in Cape Town! Divine healthy options – love the banting bread (Made with coconut flour)
- Willoughby & Co: Best sushi in Cape Town – a MUST try. Just be prepared to wait in a line.
- The Dutchess: great food and vibe. Love the chicken breast and broccoli. Also adore their house salad.
- Sexy Foods: For my vegans! Delicious vegan/plant-based food.
- The Wellness Warehouse – delicious wholesome nourishing meals.
- Tashas: Super tasty wholesome food options for all. Divine salads – just simple, fresh food – the type I love!
- Kloof house: One of my fave dinner spots with ambiance. Really good if you want a more romantic vibe. There are some great healthy options too.
- Carne: Best steak in Cape Town – I’m calling it.
- Hemelhuijs: AMAZING chicken and cauliflower salad. Absolutely unbelievable lunch place – their food is ridiculous.
- Black Sheep: The best meal I had in Cape Town. Unbelievable protein and vegetables sides – my perfect meal! Like a fancy pub really. I loved the chicken and eggplant.
- Food and experience: The Old Biscuit Mill – one of the best food and art markets you will ever visit (with a serious vibe!). It is normally on every Saturday morning.
- Caprice in Camps Bay for sundowners.
- The Bungalow on Clifton. Amazing vibe for food and drinks that always turns into a party.
Looking for a fine dining experience? These are two of my favourites. Pricey but worth it.
Get your sweat on at my fave workout spaces:
- BUC fitness: Best place for a vibing workout.
- Sweat 1000 classes: Owned by BUC Fitness so shares the awesome vibe!
- Yoga life: Great yoga.
Cape Town has some of the most incredible wineries in the world. I couldn’t choose just one, so here is my list:
- Rust en Vrede Wine Estate and Restaurant
- Del Aire
- De Meye
- Le Motte
- Le Petite Ferme
- Jordan’s Winery
- Vergelen Winery
Yay! Let me know if you try any of these delicious places!