So this was a total accident. I was busy frying up some JSHealth signature cauliflower rice and for some reason it went too soggy/moist. So, I thought by baking it – it would help crisp it up. So I added the rice (more like mash) to the oven and it turned crispy and amazing and it tastes just like polenta – I hope you love!
JSHealth Cauliflower & Leek ‘Polenta’
Serves: 4-6, as a side
- 3 cauliflower heads, pulsed into cauliflower rice (or buy 3 packets of pre-made cauliflower rice, most supermarkets now stock it!)
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil of choice
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, grated (optional)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- Parsley, to garnish
- Salt, pepper and optional chilli flakes
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium sized frying pan, on medium-high heat.
- Add in the chopped leeks and sauté until golden and soft.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan, drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the cauliflower until it softens, for about 4-5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup boiling water to the pan to help cook the rice.
- Place the cooked cauliflower rice to a medium-sized baking tray. Pat down the cauliflower into the baking tray and ensure the mixture is evenly spread and forms a square shape.
- Sprinkle over grated parmesan , sliced tomatoes and parsley, to garnish.
- Add to the oven on about 180 degrees C and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden and crisp around the edges.