Creating this recipe was a complete accident. I was busy frying up some JSHealth signature cauliflower rice and for some reason, it went soggy. So, I tried putting it in the oven to crisp up. After a little while, it was beautiful, golden and crunchy. I hope you love it.
Healthy Cauliflower & Leek ‘Polenta’
Serves: 4-6, as a side
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil of choice
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 3 cauliflower heads, pulsed into cauliflower rice (or buy 3 packets of pre-made cauliflower rice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 boiling water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, grated (optional)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- parsley, to garnish
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Line a square baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium-sized frying pan on medium-high heat. Add in the chopped leek and sauté until it’s golden and soft. Add the cauliflower rice, drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the cauliflower for around 4-5 minutes, or until it softens. Add 1/4 cup boiling water to the pan to help cook the rice.
- Place the cooked cauliflower rice in the prepared baking tray. Pat down the cauliflower rice into the tray and ensure the mixture is evenly spread. Sprinkle over the grated parmesan (if using), sliced tomatoes and parsley.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the polenta is golden and crisp around the edges. Serve warm with a side of protein and a fresh salad.