Last week I got to host the most gorgeous and nourishing event in Bondi with Lilydale to talk about the benefits of LIVING FREE and getting outdoors more for a healthier and happier life.
It was a morning of yoga, JSHealth food, a nutrition Q+A and lots of girl talk with my JSHealth girls – I just loved it!
We got to experience a yoga class by Amy Johnston from My Asana where I practice yoga personally a few times a week – such a healing space!
I demonstrated the JSHealth Healthy Chicken Schnitzel using Lilydale chicken served with Cauliflower mash – you guys have to try it! Here’s the recipe:
Healthy Chicken Schnitzel with Cauliflower Mash
- 1 cup almond meal
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mixed herbs (sage, parsley and thyme)
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 2 free-range or organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 organic chicken breast fillets, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup milk of choice – I use almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil or organic butter
- Salt and pepper
- To make the cauliflower mash, in a pot of boiling water or a steamer, steam the cauliflower until very well cooked, approximately 10-15 minutes. In a food processor, add the cooked cauliflower, milk, oil or butter and then pulse/purée the mix. If it’s too thick, add a little water. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the almond meal, lemon zest, herbs and parmesan.
- In a separate large shallow bowl, whisk the egg, milk and garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then coat evenly in the almond mix.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-heat and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and cauliflower mash.
We had the best morning!
I Just loved it! x Jess