You guys know how much I love Brussels… And these miso-glazed ones are some of my best! Miso is a fermented soybean and adds a delicious umami flavour to meals (I even love adding a teaspoon to my marinade in my Japanese-Inspired Salmon) – it’s also a great source of probiotics! Try serving this with a simply grilled protein (salmon or chicken would be divine) or even my green tahini sauce!
Miso Glazed Eggplant & Brussels Sprouts
Serves: 4, as a side
- 2-3 medium eggplants
- 400g brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil or melted coconut oil (or you can use spray)
- Sea salt
Healthy Miso glaze:
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius – I use fan force bake!
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the eggplant into small wedges and place on the baking tray. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and remove outer layer, then add to tray.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the eggplant and Brussels and drizzle over oil.
- To make the miso glaze, combine all ingredients listed above and whisk well to combine.
- Using a brush, paint the miso glaze over the vegetables – leave some miso glaze aside for later. Place the vegetables in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from oven and brush the vegetables with the remaining miso glaze. Sprinkle over extra sesame seeds to serve.