With the launch of The Healthy Life, I’ve been reflecting on some of the most beneficial changes I made in order to find balance. Partly because that’s what really inspired me to write the book – but also because I’m needing to utilize them even more during such a busy time. I hope you find these tips helpful in your own life!
1. Find a morning routine. This is going to look different for everyone, and that’s OK. It’s about determining how you feel best starting your day; what will get you centered and motivated for your day. I like to wake to warm water with lemon, 30 minutes of yoga or a jog, and a nourishing breakfast before I even think about checking my phone or email. It really helps!
2. Do a manifestation dance. I literally wake up each morning and do a little manifest dance – I open my arms out wide and put out positive affirmations, things like “I am healthy. I am loved. I am going to have an incredible day.” Give it a try – even if you don’t want to do an actual dance, the act of manifesting the positive will guarantee a better day!
3. Stress less. It’s time to put less pressure on yourself – in all areas of your life. One major way I’ve reduced anxiety in my own life is by switching off once a day. For at least 30 minutes, I switch off my phone, close the door and take some time for myself. I might read a book or take a bath, or I’ll go for a walk or meditate. I believe it’s essential for us to practice this every day to maintain balance.
4. Exercise less too. Really. I know how beneficial exercise is for the body, but don’t overdo it. I believe 30 minutes a day is all you need to reap the health benefits without risking the effects of high cortisol. You can learn more about how I found balance here.
5. Make healthy swaps. It’s amazing how a few simple swaps can transform your kitchen – and your entire life in the healthiest way. It’s about balance, not deprivation! That’s why I love sharing my recipes – you can still eat absolutely delicious food. You can read about some of my favourite healthy swaps here.
6. Rest, rest, rest. If you’ve been part of the JSHealth community for long at all, you know my number one tip is – more rest! Taking the time to rest and recuperate will do wonders for your day-to-day life and overall health. Set up an evening routine to slow yourself down and prepare your body for sleep. Get more of my top sleeping tips here. It’s really the best way to end the day!