For those of us who work crazy hours, living the healthy life can definitely be more challenging. I get you. But shifting your mindset to prioritize health is so important because it will actually help you function more efficiently in the workplace – increasing energy levels and cognitive function, keeping you satiated and focused throughout the day.
The trick is to commit to a little bit of healthy preparation, incorporated into your morning and nighttime daily routine. Once you set yourself up with a healthy routine and structure, it will become second nature. When you start to feel as good as you will when you embrace the healthy life – you’ll feel motivated to keep making these choices.
My one trick is PREPARATION!
Commit to 2 hours of healthy prep on the weekend: stock your fridge and pantry with healthy food. My online program and book contain my shopping list you can use – you can find them here. This really sets you up for a healthy week. You come home and you have the food ready to go to make dinner – as quick and easy as can be! Prepare large batches of things like roasted vegetables, beans, quinoa, and even salads (without the dressing) on Sunday so that your weekly meals come together in a snap! You can mix and match using different delicious seasonings and toppings like nuts and seeds, avocado and of course a variety of protein so that each meal is unique and exciting for your taste buds.
Here are some great snack ideas to help you:
- Veg out! Keep pre-cut veggies like carrots, celery, cucumber and peppers in sealed containers to munch on with hummus or tahini.
- Chia pudding is another yummy snack that you actually need to make in advance so that the chia seeds have a chance to set – it will keep in the fridge for a couple of days for easy snacking, just top with fresh fruit, nuts and seeds for a delicious energy boost.
- And my personal favourite – protein bliss balls! I always prep a batch on Sunday so that I can easily grab one or two to keep in my purse. It’s the best travel snack!
Breakfast is non-negotiable – prepare it the night before if it helps: Skipping breakfast can slow down your metabolism and can lead to blood sugar level imbalance, making it difficult for you to stay focused at work! Having a high protein breakfast helps keep your blood sugar levels balanced all day.
Some great breakfast options you can prepare the night before or make quickly in the morning:
- My Protein Power Smoothie (it literally takes 5 minutes)
- Bircher Muesli or any variation of overnight oats!
- The JSHealth Granola mixed with organic Greek yoghurt and berries
Preparing a healthy nighttime routine is essential: You need to have a delicious nighttime routine to look forward to – this makes you excited to go to bed and wind down. Make sure you switch off from technology at least two hours before you go to bed – this allows your mind and body to relax before sleep. Preparing a divine healthy dinner is also a must! Make extra protein and vegetables to save for leftovers the next day.
Here are some of my fave quick dinner recipes:
- One Pan Almond Rosemary Chicken with Zucchini
- Healthy Pesto Chicken Pasta
- One Pan Japanese-Inspired Salmon – my go to!!
I hope this helps!
My Program is full of tips, tricks and meal ideas for corporate workers – find out more here!