These sticky date breakfast oats are one of my favourite recipes from my latest book, ‘The-12 Step Mind-Body-Food Reset’. Such a nourishing, filling brekkie, packed with fibre and protein for lasting energy – and so insanely delicious too!
Sticky Date Pudding Breakfast Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 4 large fresh medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini (plus 1tsp extra, to serve)
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Pure maple syrup, to serve
- Place the oats, milk, half the dates, tahini and ¾ cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting possible and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little more water if needed, until the oats are soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl. Top with the yoghurt, remaining dates and extra tahini. Serve warm with a little drizzle of maple syrup.
My third book, ‘The 12-Step Mind-Body-Food Reset’, is now available to purchase here.