Another healthy and vegan chocolate recipe, perfect for celebrating Easter and the launch of the JSHealth Vegan Meal Plan! It’s a deliciously decadent brownie packed with good-for-you ingredients. Your whole family will love this recipe – and no one will be able to tell it’s been healthified.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or raw honey or stevia)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 30 grams grated dark chocolate, if desired
- Line a small loaf pan with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients except grated dark chocolate in a food processor and pulse until mixture is as smooth as you’d like.
- Stir in grated dark chocolate, if desired.
- Spoon mixture into prepped loaf pan. Pack down and smooth.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Run a thin paring knife around the edges of the pan and turn out onto small serving plate. Peel off baking paper and slice into desired pieces.
- Garnish the top with goji berries, desiccated coconut, mixed nuts and seeds (optional). Top with raspberries, Greek yogurt or coconut cream.