Popcorn is such an easy, cost-effective snack to make at home. Feel free to play around with the flavours. Enjoy!
Sweet Cinnamon Popcorn
Makes: 8 cups
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup raw popcorn kernels
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- pinch sea salt
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Make sure that you use a saucepan with a lid.
- Place 3 or 4 kernels into the pan, once the kernels start to slowly spin you know the oil is hot enough. Add the remining kernels to the pan and cover with the lid. Keep the pan over the heat while the kernels are popping. Make sure to frequently shake the pan to prevent the popcorn from burning. Once the popping sounds have slowed, remove from the heat.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl. Cover with the remaining coconut oil and toss to combine. Whisk together the maple syrup, cinnamon and a good pinch of salt and pour this over the popcorn. Toss again to combine and serve.