This recipe would be a perfect treat if you’re following the new JSHealth Vegan Meal Plan, or as an alternative to traditional sweet treats over the Easter holiday season.
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup macadamias, soaked
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp mesquite
- 100g quality dark chocolate (I use raw Loving Earth)
- Biscuit crumb:
- 1/3 cup buckinis
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- Blend together all ingredients for the caramel ice cream in a high-speed blender until creamy and smooth.
- Pour in 6 icy-pop moulds.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the biscuit crumb. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Remove the ice creams from the moulds (tip: run some hot water over the outside to remove more easily).
- Dip each popsicle in chocolate and sprinkle with the biscuit crumb.
- Place back in the freezer to set then serve.
Recipe Yield: 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes