This recipe is by the gorgeous Sophie Fisher (@coconutandbliss) – these are the perfect substitute for your usual Sunday-morning breakfast, and work so well as part of the new JSHealth Vegan Meal Plan.
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 flaxseed ‘eggs’ (mix 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 tbsp water, and let it sit for 10 minutes until it thickens)
- 2 tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 50g quality raw chocolate, chopped
Chocolate tahini sauce:
- 2 heaped tsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp coconut nectar
- 1 tsp tahini
- Dash hot water
- Place all pancake ingredients into a food processor/ blender except for the chocolate and blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a frypan, placing about 1/4 cup of mixture on the pan each time.
- Leave it for a minute or 2 or until small bubbles form, then flip.
- To make the sauce, simply combine the above ingredients until it has reached a consistency that is slightly thick, but still runny.