Thanksgiving is such a special time of the year for my American and Canadian community. Celebrating with loved ones, giving thanks for the year that has passed and of course, tucking into lots of yummy food.
However, thanksgiving week can often leave me feeling fatigued and bloated. I want you to know that this doesn’t have to be the case.
Enjoy the delicious treats moderately (small amounts of everything is healthy) and then try to make healthy versions of your favourite foods!
Here are some of our fav healthy options:
- Why not start with a Healthy Platter? – check out our how to build a healthy platter guide here.
- Pumpkin Pie Porridge – find this dreamy recipe in today’s newsletter. Check your inbox!
- Healthy Mac & Cheese – the perfect side dish. Find it on the app.
- Vegetable Mash – Try my Cauliflower Mash or Sweet Potato Mash
- Sweet Potato Wedges
- Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Cranberries & Pecans
- Kale Chips
- Stuffed Sweet Potato with Goats Cheese, Lentils & Avocado
- Pumpkin Spiced Pecan Bars – find the recipe in the app.
- Pumpkin Spiced Tart – our take on a traditional pumpkin pie. Find the recipe in the app.
- Salted Chocolate & Rosemary Tart
- DIY Chocolate Bark
Some extra Thanksgiving tips from me:
- Always aim to get in your greens/veggies at each meal.
- Try to have a healthy and satiating snack before heading out to enjoy a big feast. This will ensure you are not ravenous which will enable you to make wise choices
- Stay hydrated.
- Have fun!